“Democracy is popular because of the illusion of choice and participation it provides, but when you live in a society in which most people’s knowledge of the world extends as far as sports, sitcoms, reality shows, and celebrity gossip, democracy becomes a very dangerous idea.
Until people are properly educated and informed, instead of indoctrinated to be ignorant mindless consumers, democracy is nothing more than a clever tool used by the ruling class to subjugate the rest of of us.”
– Gavin Nascimento on Collective Evolution
Politics will eventually be replaced by imagery. The politician will be only too happy to abdicate in favour of his image, because the image will be much more powerful than he could ever be.
Now this is an attractive thought!
A representative who is a server (pun intended) that:
- will be fully informed on all relevant information, legislation and current affairs
- cannot deviate from principle, without electorate approval
- can consider rationally every submission made by electors, evidence in committee and Parliamentary utterances and vote in accordance with his electors’ wishes
- can attend multiple meetings in hologram simultaneously
- is not subject to suspicions about national loyalties
- is not distracted by things politicians should not be distracted by
- is not corruptible
- does not need expenses
We need to find better ways to rule ourselves – people are just too human and unreliable!
(Watch the video)
James Baldwin puts the finger on racial epithets. So sad that the lesson hasn’t been accepted in the US yet, let alone the rest of the world.
In the meantime, we hope that somehow or other, control over the big, nasty toys is removed from the nasty little boys.